Very Handy For McDonald’s
- Winning out first $50M Client.
- Welcoming our first team member Vanesa, and then our 2nd, Tammy.
- Establishing direct relationships with our Insurer and Underwriter partners.
- Creating and successfully implementing a range of new cloud based systems for Bordereaux, Document Management, Backoffice, and CRM.
- Establishing Saxon Premium Funding (which helps our business clients by spreading the cost of their premiums).
- Breaking through (and by now far exceeding) our Neon Milestone 200 commercial clients mark.
Making An Offer You Can’t Refuse
Bigger Office, Bigger Building, Global Domination
Moving On Up: 2019
- New staff to help support our growth.
- An expanded marketing campaign.
- A new online F&G referral progamme for financial professionals.
- Creating the hybrid RideRate vehicle insurance product for Uber and Rideshare drivers.
- Smashing through through the 1000 commercial clients ceiling.
Staff working away furiously in the Tamariki House office.
- Saffron Business Insurance is Granted one of the first transitional licenses under the FMA’s new Regulatory Authority.
- All Broking staff are now fully qualified to Level 5 or equivalent certification, meaning you have advisers that have demonstrated they 1. Act In the Clients Best interest. 2. Follow a clear, methodical, documented financial planning process to ensure they work to meet client’s financial goals. 3. Subscribe to a professional code of conduct.
- Saffron successfully implements remote working for all staff to fully support our clients during Covid-19 Lockdown. All systems including telephone, quoting, invoicing, contact management, and client data storage systems are functioning seamlessly and securely from the cloud.
- From strength to strength, the Saffron team continues to fend off much larger international competitors, and earn a loyal place in our client’s trust by putting them first, with hard work and determination. Highlights for the past year include:
- A new national Professional Indemnity scheme for New Zealand’s awesome Paramedics.
- A spanking new headquarters for the growing team, sharing the superb, secure, spacious, and modern Tasman building with Auckland Council Council in Orewa.
- A 100% successful AMLCFT Audit (https://www.dia.govt.nz/AML-CFT-Legislation) for our premium funding arm, Saxon Premium Funding Ltd.
- Compliant Transition to the new regulatory regime for Financial Advice now administered by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA)
- Building new skills and qualifications in house through Adviser Level 5 Certification, industry qualification, and ongoing professional development for the team.
Another big thank you again for FY 2021, to all our clients past present and future who help us to grow by trusting us to protect their assets. Despite the world coming to a standstill due to Covid in the past year, Saffron kept supporting, serving, and growing, and in environment of New Zealand financial services being dominated by offshore interests, we also hope its reassuring to know that at least one local family-owned firm is battling to keep it Kiwi!
A bit more room for the team to spread out.
They’ll need it.
Nice Letter From The FMA.
Notes From The HQ
If it helps, we understand the struggle. Our job is to help you navigate business risks – sometimes it just requires a listening ear, one that understands, sympathizes, has been there, and can give well thought out recommendations. Don’t be shy – the best way to deal with adversity is to be prepared for it – and talking nearly always helps – as our Client, you always have our ear to bounce your ideas off.